Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happiness is a state of MIND

After a f!@$%^ week, guess who's still smiling? :)
At this moment, there are tons of people who are feeling down. Just in case you stumble upon this entry, I'd like to share with you some things that I do when things are not at its best:

1. I write down things that I am grateful for - I keep a little notebook by my bedside and write down things that I'm thankful about. It may be as shallow as having to eat my favorite ice cream or being able to go through the day without much stress from work. Doing this reminds me that life is good and more blessings are on its way.

2. The sun is my best friend - I don't like it when it's streaking hot outside but there are days (especially in the morning) that I like walking under the sun. I like the subtle warmth that the sun brings. It kind of makes me feel alive. It reminds me of work-free days. Vacation, actually. 

3. Wake up earlier than usual - I like it when I feel like I have more free time for myself so I opt to wake up early during weekends (except when I'm really dead tired then I indulge in sleeping a few hours more). Waking up early somehow gives me a sense of fulfillment. I then inject activities that I enjoy doing through out the day.

4. Take a BREAK - Do you feel like it's getting busier as you grow older? I do. Crazy office hours plus travel time plus an effort to squeeze in my social life eats up my "ME" time. Take a break. You're only human and it's ok to wave the white flag. Book a flight. Go somewhere far. Read a book. Or just plain leave everything behind for one day. Sometimes we just need to take a step back to see the whole picture. Trust me, it's a breather.

5. RISKS - Take risks. Now this one is kind of difficult for me especially when we're talking about work related risks. Sometimes you just have to indulge yourself with what you love and/or what you think you love otherwise you will never know the end result. It's ok to be mistaken, this way you'll earn a lesson.. you'll be corrected. 

Now I'm sharing you this (something that struck me today):

‎"Dont let the urgent take the place of the important in your life. Oh, the urgent will really fight, claw and scream for attention. It will plead for our time and even make us think we’ve done the right thing by calming its nerves but the tragedy of all is this: while you and I are putting out the fires of the urgent (an everyday affair) the important was again left in a holding pattern and interestingly, the important, neither noisy nor demanding, unlike the urgent, is patiently and quietly waits for us to realize its significance"
- Charles Swindoll



--Caeyo

No comments:

Post a Comment