I was doing some cleaning today when I discovered that most of my favorite pairs of shoes are already nearing their death. I tried to preserve them by wearing them only during "special" occasions. I guess I should have worn them more often.
Since my heart is broken
- Don't wear a pair too often. What I mean by too often is wearing them everyday. Have a few more pairs that you can use on rotation.
- I bet some of us have sweaty feet. Make sure that you use an insole or a toe cap/socks before slipping into pumps or any closed toe shoes. This is one good way of avoiding stinky shoes.
- There are days when we find ourselves bored to death at home (like me!). During those days, try to visit your pairs and have them cleaned.
- Have a separate box or storage for your shoes. Throwing your shoes together with the others simply promotes scratches on their surface and destroys their forms.
- Shoe trees. Yup. These shoe best bud help preserve the shape of your shoes. It's also a good way to stretch the size of your shoes.
- Invest in a good pair of shoes. Think about the quality of the shoes before purchasing one. Not only will it last longer, it gives you a sense of pride and power when you wear them. ^^
|Picture from Pinterest|