Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Love what you have this summer!



It's already May and I bet some of you (who are in the Philippines) have already hit the beach. It's a season of swimming, short shorts, bikinis and showing some skin. I know a lot of women are self conscious about wearing these beach outfits for reasons that they're uneasy to show their "imperfections". I was actually one of them. 

For starters, I hated my legs. I have "peklat" (scars!) - tons of them because of allergies. When I get stressed or the weathers too cold or too hot, they'd show up. For the past 2 years, I'd wear thin/see through pants at the beach. Yes! even though it was scorching hot I'd wear them. This year I mustered up my courage to wear shorts and skirts and just enjoy it.

Second concern, I don't have boobs and sometimes my tummy is even bigger than them! Hilarious right? Well, I just don't care anymore. I have to deal with it and make do of what I have.

No one's born perfect (although I know some celebrities may look like it but they're not). If you want a better body or skin or whatever, you have to work for it. If you don't want to work for it, then stop whining and simply learn to be comfortable of what you have. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What's "ugly" in the Philippines may be appealing in another part of the world. I learned to stop caring for what others will think because I didn't want to miss out all the fun. I think that we live to experience life and your experiences depend on what you allow yourself to deal with. 

--Caeyo

No comments:

Post a Comment